Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Yes, They Still Do Lollapalooza.

Okay, so I’ve been gone a while, and I’m sure the masses have been gathering, waiting with baited breath and chomping at the bit for my next entry. I can hear you all tapping your feet, the rumblings of displeasure and impatience as you keep checking your computer to see if I’ve posted anew…

Well the wait is over, kids. I’m back.

But where to start? My trip to Chicago? My recent speed-dating experience? My continual and escalating confusion surrounding the male of the species? My weight? The heat? My impending huge lifestyle change from working woman to college kid? Aye. So much to say, so little time. It’s the story of my life.

+++

So check it out – I went to Lollapalooza! It was so freaking hot, though, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I’d hoped I would. Saturday was the “big” day. Cake played...and anyone who knows me at all knows that’s a big deal for me. They’re up there on the list of favorite bands, and one of the few of my favorites who are still actually together and touring/playing as a group. I met up with my friend Samara, who flew in from New Jersey, and her boyfriend Matt, and we had a great time. I also got to hang out with my dear friends Gus and Lynne and their baby Sofia, ran into an old employee from "the Farm," and I met some great new people and made some new friends as well. My only complaint was that I couldn’t stay longer.

Over the course of the weekend, I came to some conclusions, realizations, and affirmations:

1. I love Chicago.
2. I miss Chicago and my friends there more than I ever thought possible.
Therefore...
3. I’m moving back there when I’m done with school in three years. Whether it’s for graduate school or a job remains to be seen, but I’m going back. Forget New York, never mind San Diego, screw Atlanta. My heart belongs to that toddlin’ town.
4. Les Claypool is the coolest fucking person on the planet.
5. Perry Farrell is fugly – especially up close! (He was riding around the park in a golf cart at one point and blew past me while I waited in line for a $3 bottle of water)
6. I have nice boobs (according to a random stranger walking down Jackson Street on Saturday).
7. There is nothing quite as sad – or funny – as several hundred white people “dancing” to Digable Planets.
8. Men are a most confusing bunch of people. I swear you all make my head hurt.
9. Cake rocks.
10. I still hate the Pixies.

And there you have it.

No comments: