Thursday, March 10, 2005

Introductions Are Always Nice

And since they are nice, I should start this with one, right?

Right.

So, um...hi. Welcome to my blog, "As Planet Deedums Turns." My life is a soap opera, more often than not because I invite unnecessary drama and turmoil into my life. Well, it's not that I invite it in, it just seems to find me -- and my reaction to it is what makes my life such a topsy-turvy whirlwind. Add to that the fact that I am a textbook Gemini, and well, it's a recipe for one disaster after another. I'm a veritable shit-magnet at times.

But it's not all bad. If my life were boring, or if it were simply ordinary and I lacked the imagination to make it more interesting than what it is, I wouldn't have much to write about, would I?

I don't know what I'm going to write about, quite honestly. I'm single. I'm fat. I'm 33 - almost 34 - years old. I live in Buffalo. I used to live in Chicago, and it was much cooler there. Right now I work two jobs, one of which I hate and am quitting in August to go back to school full time. I struggle with identity issues. I just started seeing an expensive Jungian shrink who's supposed to be helping me figure myself out. I have a dog and a cat. I'm a hopeless and seemingly incurable "messie." I like shoes. I quit smoking in October of 2004. My boyfriend broke up with me on New Year's Eve. I'm addicted to Cherry Crush. I'm writing a book about the layer of hell known as customer service. I think way too much and analyze everything to death. I worry about stupid stuff. I'm always late. My mom likes to say I'm "one step behind the rest of the world." Thanks, mom. Really.

So you see, there's plenty of fodder for blog entries here. What I actually choose to write about depends on my mood, my meds, my schedule, and my energy level. You'll just have to check back now and then, won't you?

But hey, really - I'm glad you're here. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: