Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Hijacked in England and Nearly Killed in West Seneca

Well, May is halfway over and I’ve so far made it through unscathed. Well, almost.

My ebay account got hijacked yesterday by some guy in England who’s using it to post bogus auctions for powerboats. It’s a nightmare. It took three hours online with ebay’s livechat to sort it out, and I’m still getting emails from potential buyers now. I’m so glad I took last night off to get stuff done, because the only thing I ended up doing was sitting in front of the fucking computer, messaging with Sloan from ebay. Three hours. I hope Mr. England chokes on a banger.

Then this morning, some middle-aged, pseudo-Kenny Rogers hippie on a cell phone nearly creamed me in an intersection. Just ran the light going 50 miles an hour, yakking on the phone, never even slowed down. Had I gone through a second later, I’d be toast. Or at least my car would be (and take note, gentle reader, that I’m like 3 payments away from paying it off…so if someone were to smash it up now, I might likely go to jail for assault and possibly manslaughter). I was already feeling annoyed from my commute (which was within 5 minutes of being over, mind you), and this guy just pushed me over the edge. We came to a stop at the next intersection, and I leaned out of my car and let him have it. I mean, I went off. GODDAMN STUPID MOTHERFUCKING IDIOT, GET THE FUCK OFF THE PHONE AND WATCH WHERE THE FUCK YOU’RE GOING! RED MEANS STOP YOU ASSCLOWN! GET THE FUCK OFF THE PHONE! PUT THE FUCKING PHONE DOWN AND DRIVE YOU STUPID SHIT!

He just waved at me, probably in recognition that he knew why I was upset, but I still felt like yelling. Of course, people in the surrounding cars were looking at me like I was a raving lunatic. And I’m okay with that because, well, sometimes I am.

No comments: