Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What now?

Well, I will say this: lots of folks got left out.

Maybe it's Facebook and the sudden mass convergence upon my life lately by people I'd all but forgotten that made me realize this, or perhaps it was my impulsive nature that caused me to write posts about random strangers with ugly babies and rude cashiers instead of randomly remembered high-school acquaintances and childhood friends, I don't know. But the whole idea of the x365 was to write about individuals who were memorable in some way - whether that memory was a result of a fleeting slight against my intelligence by some nameless asshole, or a lifelong resonating influence by a teacher who gave me the chance I needed.

Quite honestly, I have very few regrets about this past year (in terms of my blog entries, anyway). Oh sure, I wonder from time to time if I shouldn't have included every former boss, or more former co-workers, or every employee, or Barack Obama ...but the fact is, I didn't. That's the trouble with a project like this - there are only 365 days in a year, and I've met way more than 365 people in the last 37 years.

So. What's next? Well, over the last year some things have changed. There are a number of posts about folks which, if I'd chosen to write them today, would be written differently. So for a little while I'll be peppering in some "x365 redux" posts among my regular musings. So look for those, as well as some new stories and commentary on stuff I find annoying, confusing, or just plain weird (Budweiser-Clamato Cocktail in a Can comes to mind).

I've missed "regular" blogging. And it's not that I didn't want to blog like a regular human being, it's that the x365 project sort of sapped what little creative energy I had left between school, freelancing, and trying to piece together a semi-clean outfit from the bedroom floor.

I hope you've all enjoyed my participation in the x365 experiment, and hope you'll continue to be regular visitors on Planet Deedums. And if you didn't make the list, again...I'm sorry.

With much love,
Deedee

2 comments:

Run_Mommy_Run said...

Brava.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss the x365. I love reading your regular posts, but this had a uniquely suspenseful quality ("Who will it be today?") that was pretty cool.

I can't wait to read what's coming up next!