Saturday, July 14, 2007

Embarassment and Triumph, Part III (with new toy)!

Aaahhhh....stepping out of the clean shower into a clean bathroom is heavenly! The "before" photo of the bathroom really doesn't do the mess justice - it had actually gotten much worse before it got better, but just try to imagine a few more towels and clothes on the floor, and fixtures in sad need of scrubbing. The after photos don't really show how squeaky clean the tub and sink are, but trust me - they sparkle!

Bathroom before: And after:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

AND! I did the music room today, too. I went to the music store today to buy a mute kit for my drumset (so I can practice whenever I damn well please), and while I was there I saw a keyboard on sale that I couldn't resist. So I bought it, and was inspired to clean up the music room so that I can spend hours of clutter-free practice time in there! Now that I can actually access my instruments with ease, I might actually play them as often as I should! Yay!!!

Before:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's music to my eyes!

I still have the basement and the upstairs work studio to work on, but I think for now I'm just gonna enjoy my living space. In a few days I'm going to try and sort out the various closets and cabinets and make them more user-friendly. Most of them are jumbled messes with the exception of my bedroom closet, which is beautifully organized these days - gotta keep track of all those damn shoes, of course!

Stay tuned, dear blog-watchers! There is much more to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The whole house is really looking great! Way to go!
P.S. You also laughed at my enthusiasm when I received a label-maker at Christmas. Glad to see you've changed your opinion and decided to join us anal-retentive labeling freaks!